Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lab day.....

Today (Feb. 15) we didn't see patients we learned new skills! I was excited to have a days off of sorts and learn some new things. We learned about cleaning removable appliances, using the Diagnodent and taking blood glucose. These are just a few new things that we can use to better educate and know our patients. I was excited to learn about the Diagnodent because in the office I used to work at the hygienist is required to use it often. I figure this will most likely be the case in many practices. I also took my own blood glucose and was pleased to see that I was within normal range!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea what the diagnodent even was! I have worked in 4 different offices and have never seen it! Isn't it crazy how different offices can be?!?! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete